Friday, July 23, 2004

Salon tackles Donnie Darko in a piece similar to their earlier dissection of Mulholland Drive, after extensive research including viewing of the soon-to-be-released director's cut. Apparently the fat guy in the tracksuit is supposed to be an FAA agent- I thought he was just supposed to be a Blue Velvet reference. Oh well.

Speaking of Mulholland Drive, a (class-required) viewing of Lost Highway in the proper Cinemascope format has re-piqued my interest in what I thought was one of Lynch's weaker films, and inspired me to try and write a longish discussion of the film, its implications, etc. I'll let you know if anything comes of it, but it'll probably be slow going since all I have to work with is the terrible Canadian DVD. But hey, at least we know Universal is working on a special edition release of...Dune? Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home