Wednesday, August 11, 2004

David Sylvian, "Late Night Shopping"



David Sylvian, "Late Night Shopping"


Here's one of my favorite tracks from David Sylvian's 2003 album Blemish. Reminds me of late-night/early-morning flourescent-lit runs to the grocery store and walking through Grant Park in winter. And of course I have to include Atsushi Fukui's great album artwork...

Blemish isn't available domestically, but you can get it at a domestic price directly from the SamadhiSound label.

Also Added Never Came Home, Moebius Rex, and The Tofu Hut to the link sidebar. If you're not reading them already, what are you waiting for? Hmm?

Edit DavidSylvian.com has three mp3s available for download- including what appears to be a Sylvian remix of a Tweaker remix of "Late Night Shopping," and "Mothlight" (named, I assume, after Stan Brakhage's classic experimental short).

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link! And that's one of my favorite songs from that album, alongside "Fire In The Forest." Paints the surreality of the 3am Safeway experience perfectly.

There's a few great remixes of it going around; one was on Sylvian's own site for awhile (maybe it still is, I haven't checked).

 
At 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoops! Forgot to sign my post: Moebius Rex, of course. :D

 
At 7:07 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

It's still there, actually- the link should be in the post now. I'd almost forgotten about that...

The comment is appreciated, and thanks for the Coldcut and "Favela on Blast" mp3s!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home