Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Marianne Faithfull, "Working Class Hero"


Gravenhurst, "The Diver"


Text later and I mean it this time. No point in doing this if I can't squeeze in some mediocre criticism to justify the free stuff. But a quick summary: Marianne Faithfull covers the John Lennon classic in a surprisingly nasty, The Normal-esque new wave style; and "The Diver" is possibly my favorite track from Gravenhurst's excellent Flashlight Seasons LP. One guy, one guitar, very subtle production, damn fine song.

Updates may be slow in coming for a while, as I'm off at school without any CDs to rip from and a strict no-P2P policy in the dorm. There's an excellent used music store in nearby Brattleboro, though, so I'll manage. If anyone wants to feed the monkey support Telephone Thing's continued sailing on the high seas of piracy, you can bid on eBay auctions (going up soon), but there's no pressure as I'm not really in dire straits at the moment.

Ta for now.

2 Comments:

At 3:49 PM, Blogger I am not Kek-w said...

Hey...Brattleboro, isn't that where some of the Sunburned Hand mob hail from? No, wait, it's home to the Free/Folk Fest, isn't it? They have some interesting bands playing there on a semi-regular basis...like Acid Mothers, Sun0))), Vibracathedral, etc...

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

Beats me- I haven't been in the area long- but neither would surprise me very much. Brattleboro is...quite the interesting place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home