Sunday, September 05, 2004

Tryin' hard to look like Gary Cooper...

Taco, "Puttin' on the Ritz"


One of the most bizarre (and terrible) relics of 80's pop. Taco was a strange Indonesian-German singer whose only hit was this now widely loathed synth-pop cover of the Irving Berlin standard. And since I've had it stuck in my head for months after seeing the video on VH1 Classic, and since misery loves company, here you go. Enjoy, or not. It's up to you (and your appetite for crap), really.


(And his name is just icing on the cake. Tacotacotaco.)

2 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Kurt said...

Get this: in my home office I have an battery-powered penguin that dances and plays "Puttin' on the Ritz". My kids are forbidden to turn the thing on, but I can't get rid of it. It pwn'z me.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 am so l33t, 1 pwn teh 1nt4n4t!!1

 

Post a Comment

<< Home