Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Election night / Cheap music on ebay

Election night is upon us, and I'm more nervous than a squirrel at a firing range. But since all of you voted (you did vote, didn't you?), this year's turnout is the highest since 1960. That's an incredible figure, and regardless of the results, quite an accomplishment. *sniff* I'm so proud of you, America.

Though I would be lying if I didn't say I hope Kerry wipes the floor with Monkeyboy. With Pennsylvania going blue mere minutes ago, it's definitely possible...

Also: I hate to use blogging space to advertise, but if any IDM fans out there haven't picked up the classic SKAMpler comp by now, here's your chance to get it on the cheap without paying import costs.

Much more music to come in the very near future, including new Juan McLean, TV on the Radio, Sukilove, Bugz in the Attic, and others too exciting to mention. For now, some interesting stuff from a recent Domino order:

Clinic, "T.K." (alternate studio version) (from Operating at a Theatre Near You Vol. 1)

Flying Saucer Attack, "Outdoor Miner" (Wire cover, from the Worlds of Possibility label sampler)


The critical consensus on Winchester Cathedral seems to be that it's an overwhelming disappointment. However, I find myself agreeing more with Nate Patrin's review in Seattle Weekly- though it's obviously (and somewhat troublingly) derivative of their earlier albums, the "revamped" songs are simply better takes on the same themes. Compare "The Magician" with "The Return of Evil Bill," for example. And "Falstaff" may be the best song Clinic have ever released.

This alternate mix of Internal Wrangler's "T.K." comes from Operating at a Theatre Near You Vol. 1, a recent disc of live tracks and rarities sold on tour and through Domino's webstore.

And I know bugger all about Flying Saucer Attack, but this Wire cover from the Worlds of Possibility compilation is a faithful (if somewhat shoegaze-y) interpretation of the Wire classic.

2 Comments:

At 4:56 AM, Blogger howard said...

thanks for the link to the domino compilation.

 
At 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great information on your site folks. I also am working on a credit repair business opportunity site. I'll bookmark yours if you bookmark mine. You can find it at credit repair business opportunity.
Again, nice site folks...I'll be baak...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home